[pypy-dev] Disabling garbage collection

Martin Koch mak at issuu.com
Fri Apr 4 15:05:26 CEST 2014

Hi List

Is there a simple way of building a version of pypy where garbage
collection of the old generation is disabled? I have a very large, fairly
static graph in memory, and I would rather not traverse it all on major
collections.

I don't care too much if there are leaks, since my application runs on a
host with lots of ram, can be restarted fairly often, and real-time
performance is preferable to blocking because of garbage collection.

I have tried just removing the body of
incminimark.py/major_collection_step(), but this causes pypy to freeze up
after a while.

Thanks,
/Martin Koch