[pypy-dev] AssertionError in rpython_jit_metainterp_resume.c

Anton Gulenko anton.gulenko at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 5 18:24:04 CEST 2014

Hi Armin,

I made a refactoring that makes sure that the virtualizable list is only
assigned once, but the issue still persists.

To reproduce this you'd have to build the Vm... Fortunately that's way
faster than Pypy ;)
The repo: https://bitbucket.org/pypy/lang-smalltalk
The relevant branch is 'storage', current revision 1012, commit hash d007ca0
<https://bitbucket.org/pypy/lang-smalltalk/commits/d007ca0a713795be43171273c5f92dc63e9f7d52?at=default>
.
The requirements are to have the pypy repo on PYTHONPATH (to load
rpython.rlib and so on), and to have rsdl installed.
The target file is targetimageloadingsmalltalk.py, so compiling should be
something like:
$ pypy ../pypy/rpython/bin/rpython -Ojit targetimageloadingsmalltalk.py
I am also compiling with --gc=minimark because I had some issues with the
default gc.

The virtualizable classes are defined in spyvm/storage_contexts.py.
There's the root class ContextPartShadow and two
subclasses BlockContextShadow and MethodContextShadow.
Both subclasses have a default constructor and static build() methods.
It might be enough if you check out the definitions and constructors of
those classes?..

Let me know if it doesn't translate or if the code is weird...
Thanks for your help!
Best,
Anton