[pypy-dev] trouble compiling p4python api with pypy3

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sun Aug 10 13:03:15 CEST 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 13:27 -0700, Russ Tremain wrote:

> If I hack around the macro problems, I can get a compile, but then I
> get a runtime error:

Hi Russ,

The PyPy/C API (cpyext) is an incomplete implementation of Python/C API,
fitted to emulate the implementation details of CPython when possible,
often at a performance cost.

It is not impossible that the functions that you are trying to use are
simply not implemented, and I've had such issues in the past.

How are you "hacking" around macro problems? Simply declaring the macros
will not help, most likely you would also have to implement the
corresponding support code in PyPy.

Hope that helps,

--
Sincerely yours,