[pypy-dev] GSoC 2015: cpyext project?

Toby St Clere Smithe mail at tsmithe.net
Wed Dec 3 20:51:21 CET 2014

Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> writes:
> Unbounding cppyy from the CERN ROOT infrastructure sounds like a very
> worthy goal. Does that sound exciting to you?

That does sound worthwhile -- and probably more viable than Amaury's
project (sorry, Amaury!).

I've actually put out enquiries to the CERN people about a very similar
idea, just relating to PyCling -- which is a more general cousin of
cppyy, from what I can tell -- and so perhaps I could combine your
expertise with theirs. I believe Wim is on this list; I've sent him and
the CERN guys an e-mail this evening, but would like to hear back from
them before expending much effort thinking about cppyy (since it is all
so inter-related). Obviously, my preference would be to work on a
project that would help both the CPython and PyPy worlds.

Best,

Toby

--
Toby St Clere Smithe