[pypy-dev] Unify lib_pypy by vendoring six

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Dec 6 15:09:25 CET 2014

Hi,

On 6 December 2014 at 15:01, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm -1 on the idea unless proven otherwise (it does add burden on
> people writing stuff for lib_pypy on python2 for example)

We mostly never write new stuff in lib_pypy on Python 2.  But this
makes it a perfect example of a directory where Mercurial shines with
the current PyPy2-vs-PyPy3 split into branches: my guess is that the
current solution is much better than the proposed change.  The
lib_pypy directory is like the Modules/*.c files of CPython: trying to
share them with #ifdefs between CPython releases is a bad idea for
maintenance reasons, and a proper use of Mercurial is better.