[pypy-dev] How do I get better jit_libffi traces?

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:22:33 CET 2014

I'm trying to optimize the FFI functionality in Pixie, and I'm not sure how
to proceed. From what I understand, the JIT generator is able to optimize
away calls to jit_libffi and simply replace them with bare calls to the c
functions. However, not matter how I hint or mark things as immutable, I
seem to always  have a call to "jit_ffi_call_int". What exactly triggers
the JIT to remove that call?

The part of the trace involved in the jit call looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/halgari/31b188e8e4757ccb3218

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Timothy