[pypy-dev] Help with memory usage

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Feb 3 20:46:36 CET 2014

Hi Matheus,

On 3 February 2014 20:07, Matheus Salvia <matheus2740 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last but not least, is there a way to change pypy from using a GC to using
> refcount like CPython?

No, PyPy cannot use refcounting.

> That was the information you needed?

This is still too vague to know why memory usage is so high.  I think
that you'll have to post it to the bug tracker for us to investigate.
You can post the whole application; it is fine as long as we can
reproduce the problem.  Of course, if your application is closed
source, then this method doesn't work; in this case we can discuss
commercial support solutions.

Also note that you said it's using 3GB instead of 1GB, which divided
by 15 processes makes 200MB instead of 66MB.  Such numbers are at the
extreme range of "expected": if each process runs for a long time, it
can potentially accumulate 50-100MB of JITted code in it.