[pypy-dev] PyPy Status Blog Updates?

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 23 04:14:38 CET 2014

Hi Jean-Francois,

> I'd be personally interested in knowing what's been happening with numpypy,
> PyPyROOT, and PyGame/PySDL, since those are the libs I use.

PyPyROOT is not part of PyPy; it's PyPy plus cppyy builtin with the CINT
backend and a ROOT.py tailored to it on top. That's how I installed it on
AFS and pypy-c renamed to pypyroot to distinguish that mix.

Since last, I got TF1 to work, but have been mostly working on ROOT6, as
well as having started a new (completely unrelated) project. Dispersion
being part of my life.

But with ROOT6 now out in beta, I'm trying to get back by working out the
Cling backend. As for blog postings, I still have to follow up on a post
that I called "Part 1" back in August 2012, so that's rather embarrassing
indeed. I'll see what can be done ...

Best regards,
            Wim
--