[pypy-dev] Questions on stdlib-2.7.5 failures

Christian Hudon chrish at pianocktail.org
Fri Jan 24 03:40:00 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm working again on the stdlib-2.7.5 branch of Pypy. I have a couple
questions, but since nobody seems to be around on irc right now, I'm
asking them here. :-)

First, I kicked the buildbots yesterday, and there are a *lot* of errors
due to tests not being able to import the MAXREPEAT constant from the
_sre module. But it seems to me that it is defined in
pypy/module/_sre/__init__.py... Am I missing something? Are the errors
due to a build problem or something else?

Second, I'm trying to reproduce some of the more interesting failures
(test_multiprocessing, test_str), but when I try to run the tests on my
laptop, they fail like this instead:

platform darwin -- Python 2.7.5 -- pytest-2.2.4.dev2 -- /usr/bin/python
collected 1 items
test_str.py
[snip]
Traceback (application-level):
   File
"/users/chrish/Code/pypy/pypy/tool/pytest/run-script/regrverbose.py",
line 4 in <module>
     from test import test_support
   File "/users/chrish/Code/pypy/lib-python/2.7/test/test_support.py",
line 21 in <module>
     import struct
   File "/users/chrish/Code/pypy/lib-python/2.7/struct.py", line 1 in
<module>
     from _struct import *
ImportError: No module named _struct
FAILED

I don't really see anything that could look like a module called
"_struct" in the source code... Am I missing something here too?

Thanks in advance,

   Christian