[pypy-dev] cppyy and out arguments

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Jul 31 16:34:17 CEST 2014

Hi Martin,

On 30 July 2014 21:13, Martin Matusiak <numerodix at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was reading about cppyy and I could not find a mention of what it
> does with out arguments. I also read through the unit tests, but I
> couldn't find any examples. Are they supported?

A C++ "reference" type like "int &" is implemented like a C++ pointer
type "int *" by most C++ compilers, as far as I know.  My guess is
that you simply have to pretend that "int &" is just "int *".

> I also found the section header "CPython" a little confusing on this
> page as the section doesn't seem to talk about cpython:
> pypy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/cppyy.html#cpython

It's about the difference between cppyy and PyCintex, which is an
older CPython-only equivalent to cppyy.