[pypy-dev] Getting involved

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Jun 3 10:00:17 CEST 2014

Hi Travis,

On 28 May 2014 20:18, Travis Jensen <travis.jensen at oracle.com> wrote:
> I've been following pypy for a while and have thought it would be fun to get
> involved.  Recently, I've been wondering what python with tail call
> optimization would look like (I'm disgruntled by GVR's decision :), and
> realized this might be a good way for me to get involved in pypy.

About this topic, we stick with Guido's language design and don't want
a PyPy in which a number of frames may be skipped from tracebacks.
Now, if you don't want to change the official PyPy but just play
around for fun, then yes, PyPy is a good choice.  You'd have to tweak
the interpreter, around the files interpreter/pyframe.py and
interpreter/pyopcode.py, as well as the bytecode compiler in
interpreter/astcompiler/.