[pypy-dev] PyPy 2.3.1 released

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Jun 8 09:08:41 CEST 2014

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce PyPy 2.3.1, a feature-and-bugfix improvement
over our recent 2.3 release last month.

This release contains several bugfixes and enhancements among the
user-facing improvements:

* The built-in struct module was renamed to _struct, solving issues
with IDLE and other modules

* Support for compilation with gcc-4.9

* A CFFI-based version of the gdbm module is now included in our binary bundle

* Many issues were resolved since the 2.3 release on May 8

Complete release notice: http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/release-2.3.1.html
Download: http://pypy.org/download.html

Please try it out and let us know what you think. We especially
welcome success stories, please tell us about how it has helped you!

Cheers, The PyPy Team (thanks Matti!)