[pypy-dev] PyPy on JVM

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Jun 24 09:09:52 CEST 2014

Hi Fabio,

On 24 June 2014 02:11, Fabio Zadrozny <fabiofz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember there was some work on getting PyPy on JVM... is that still
> possible? Can someone point me on how to do it?

Sorry, we dropped support for that due to general lack of interest.
It was theoretically possible since long ago, but unfinished.  No-one
ever did more than realize (again and again) that it was going to be
more work than they originally thought, notably to integrate the
Python side and the Java side a la Jython.  Then there would have been
quite a lot of additional work to make the JIT work there.  So we
dropped "ootype" support.  This did (and still does) let us simplify
large parts of RPython.