[pypy-dev] pythonapi

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:10:24 CEST 2014

Assuming I understand correctly, the reason sys.dllhandle exists is that
you can do
dlopen(NULL)
in linux to get a handle to the current process, but not
LoadLibrary(NULL).
So windows builds provide a handle to the current process DLL as
sys.dllhandle,
which is then wrapped into ctypes.PyDLL(..., sys.dllhandle) and served
up as ctypes.pythonapi.
Working backwards from no pythonapi -> no PyDLL -> no sys.dllhandle.
Matti