[pypy-dev] RinohType and PyPy2

Brecht Machiels brecht at mos6581.org
Tue Mar 11 21:49:15 CET 2014

Hello Maciej and Armin,

Glad you think this is a valuable benchmark, since I provided it mostly for selfish reasons ;)

I've done a quick test similar to Armin's, rendering the original 4-page document over and over again. While I can see the speed improving, it still doesn't reach CPython's performance.

I haven't found the time yet to try with a longer document. I'll render a book from project Gutenberg soon and report back here. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Bengt Richter raised an interesting question (but his message didn't seem to make it to the list):

> Is there any way that jit results could be cached to some degree, in one
> or more files, to give the next execution of a program a warmer start?

I remember seeing a similar question before. IIRC one suggestion was to spawn a daemon process. I suppose that could work for RinohType, but I'm also interested to hear if it would be possible to have PyPy save the JIT state to a file on termination.

Cheers,
Brecht

---- On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 22:15:28 +0100 Maciej Fijalkowski<fijall at gmail.com> wrote ----

---- On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 17:01:32 +0100 Armin Rigo<arigo at tunes.org> wrote ----