[pypy-dev] Why CFFI is not useful - need direct ABI access 4 humans

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:49:40 CEST 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 1:49 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know what C in CFFI stands for C way of doing things, so
>> I hope people won't try to defend that position and instead
>> try to think about what if we have to re-engineer ABI access
>> from scratch, for explicit and obvious debug binary interface.
>>

>> CFFI is not useful for Python programmers and here is why.
>
> Anatoly, such blank statements that are factually incorrect is the
> reason why people think your input is counterproductive.

This statement in incorrect out of context, the context in which it is
correct is provided below "here is why.". If you know how to rephrase
the statement differently to define the scope correctly, I am all ears.

Unfortunately I am not a journalist or writer or scientists to write short
and concise papers. I write how I think, and it is a problem to rewrite
stuff in English to sound differently, mostly because of time constraints.

> Please stop posting random ideas on pypy-dev, if you have no interest
> in working on them.

You're wrong in your assumptions that I am not interested. Now that
it is clear, let me restate that the problem is find time to work on the
problem, because productive hours are spent on paid chores.

> If you want to convince someone to implement your
> next idea, there are places to do that, but pypy-dev is about the
> development of PyPy and it's the wrong place to do so.

I just want an get a feedback on the opinion. If the next idea is good
or not. Maybe there are people who had this idea before. I don't ask
anybody to do this.

About others how can implement your ideas, I am convinced that
people work on their own ideas in their free time, so collaboration
only happens when ideas match. If you know the places where it is
not true, I'll be interested to know about them. If you can give direct
link - that will be productive, but I really doubt there are places where
people spending time implementing ideas of others just for good.
--
anatoly t.