[pypy-dev] PyPy 2.3 alpha release

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 00:00:23 CEST 2014

I can't help you with the motto, but I noticed some grammar issues(yeah,
I'm a grammar nerd):

- Under the section labeled "NumPy", there's inconsistent capitalization.
NumPy is written as both "NumPy" and "Numpy". The bullet point first words
are also inconsistent in capitalization.
- Again under NumPy, in the bullet point about `numpy.random`, the comma
should be a semicolon.
- Under Bug Fixes, in the bullet point about the loop-unrolling bug from
HippyVM, it should be "an rpython bug", not "a rpython bug".

On a side note, I though rpython was written as RPython?

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 6:42 AM, matti picus <matti.picus at gmail.com> wrote:

> You have been chosen by an advanced algorithm to participate in the alpha
> release of PyPy 2.3.
> Well, not so advanced, but please try it out, I want to release over the
> next few days.
> The remaining issues are:
> - rumors of the python 3.4 ensurepip module appearing in pypy
> - the macos build has a test failure in the openssl app-level version test
>
> Please let me know ASAP if your favorite feature is missing
> http://buildbot.pypy.org/nightly/release-2.3.x
> I would also appreciate help with the release notice, the name "Easier
> Than Ever" is as lame as this email but that's the best I could do.
> http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/release-2.3.0.html
>
> Matti

Ryan
If anybody ever asks me why I prefer C++ to C, my answer will be simple:
"It's becauseslejfp23(@#Q*(E*EIdc-SEGFAULT. Wait, I don't think that was
nul-terminated."