[pypy-dev] Issue #1774: Pypy not translating with gcc 4.9 on Arch Linux x86_64 (pypy/pypy)

Aidan Epstein issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sat May 17 17:27:54 CEST 2014

New issue 1774: Pypy not translating with gcc 4.9 on Arch Linux x86_64
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issue/1774/pypy-not-translating-with-gcc-49-on-arch

Aidan Epstein:

I am trying to translate the latest version of pypy from the mercurial repositories using the copy of pypy included in the Arch Linux repos. The arch linux version fails after a short amount of time with the attached stack trace. The official version from pypy.org (or rather the portable binaries from https://github.com/squeaky-pl/portable-pypy) works without a hiccup, however, when trying to use the resulting binary to translate, it fails with the same error.  I reported it to the Arch Linux bug tracker, and they said that it was probably a gcc 4.9 issue and to report it here.