[pypy-dev] cppyy on Ubuntu 14.04

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Oct 6 01:15:11 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've been looking at cppyy a bit (with the goal of using an existing
project based on it).  I haven't gotten far though.

When I try to use cppyy with the Ubuntu-packaged PyPy (on Ubuntu 14.04),
I get this:

  Python 2.7.3 (2.2.1+dfsg-1, Nov 28 2013, 05:13:10)
  [PyPy 2.2.1 with GCC 4.8.2] on linux2
  And now for something completely different: ``Is it a cactus bug or
problem
  with my war?''
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  ImportError: missing reflection library libcppyy_backend.so

I see that this is a somewhat old version of PyPy - but is that the
problem?

Thanks,
Jean-Paul