[pypy-dev] translation error on jit.unroll_safe with jit_libffi

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Oct 25 15:06:20 CEST 2014

Hi Carl Friedrich,

On 25 October 2014 15:00, Carl Friedrich Bolz <cfbolz at gmx.de> wrote:
> OK, that's a very nice statement for people that know the internals of the
> annotator, but for not really helpful for people like me who don't ;-). What
> does that mean on the language level? How do you 'ask the bookkeeper for a
> desc'? Maybe we can document that somewhere, or improve the error message.

Sorry :-)  We have some staticmethod object that comes from somewhere
unexpected.  That's all I can guess by seeing Timothy's partial
traceback.  I only mentioned this because Maciej's two-lines message
was IMHO mistaken, to avoid that Timothy or someone else spends time
looking at the wrong place.  I would need to reproduce the crash to
know more precisely, but your experience with trying to do so
discourages me from trying :-)