[pypy-dev] Pypy Benchmark of Tornado.

Jolitz Ben - bjolit Ben.Jolitz at acxiom.com
Thu Sep 4 00:26:28 CEST 2014

I use Tornado and have found PyPy can yield a 30-50% performance increase for a moderately complex project.

Ben

From: Phyo Arkar <phyo.arkarlwin at gmail.com<mailto:phyo.arkarlwin at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM
To: pypy-dev <pypy-dev at python.org<mailto:pypy-dev at python.org>>
Subject: Re: [pypy-dev] Pypy Benchmark of Tornado.

I expect pypy to be faster in those cases but select io is not cpu intensive thing to do so no real benefit using pypy here i  guess.
On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Phyo Arkar <phyo.arkarlwin at gmail.com<mailto:phyo.arkarlwin at gmail.com>> wrote:

> [...]

Successful transactions:       15149
Failed transactions:               0
Longest transaction:            1.09 seconds
Shortest transaction:           0.00

pypy--c-jit-73283-912dd9df99a8-linux64 (latest nightly build)

Lifting the server siege...      done.

Transactions:                  14361 hits
Availability:                 100.00 %
Elapsed time:                  19.13 secs
Data transferred:              14.42 MB
Response time:                  0.03 secs
Transaction rate:             750.71 trans/sec
Throughput:                     0.75 MB/sec
Concurrency:                   21.53
Successful transactions:       14361
Failed transactions:               0
Longest transaction:            3.03 seconds
Shortest transaction:           0.00

Pypy Nightly  have some request Randomly get to 3.0 Seconds , normally those requests (in Cpython) are only ~0.001 to 0.002 sec.

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.