[pypy-dev] Will pypy reach performance of HHVM?(one Day)

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 23:05:46 CEST 2014

I have no idea what they're doing there, which version of pypy they're
using etc.

They're also comparing apples and oranges (a random choice of web
framework?) for example a uwsgi+pypy outperforms tornado + pypy by
quite a large margin (I hit client limits when trying), but it
implements less. How much hhvm implements? Given how php works "not
that much", but who knows.

Coming back to the question - depending on *what* you do, pypy and
hhvm outperform each other. This particular test is quite terrible
(also a simple data point too), so your question is really absolutely
a wrong one to ask.