[pypy-dev] What is ABORT_ESCAPE?

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:22:44 CEST 2014

I have a JIT I've been working on for a few days now, and initial results
were awesome, the JIT log showed just a few assembly ops to execute each
iteration of a simple "count to 10000" loop. However, then I changed
something and the traces stopped being generated.

I hooked up the JIT hooks and noticed that about every 1000 iterations I'd
get "ABORT_ESCAPE".  After a bit more printing I get this:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/halgari/3cd3cd10f359f2103b89/raw/d8f335f72af5cf13c0b47b26e6d1e8b5c91b02ab/gistfile1.txt

Now if I disable virtualizables, everything works fine. What should I be
looking for to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Tim