[pypy-dev] Porting PyPy/rpython to Python 3

VanL van.lindberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:50:09 CEST 2015

Hi Armin,

I am not trying to force you (or anyone) to use Py3. I have been working on
this in a private branch for a little bit, and I am happy to continue to do
so. As I said earlier in the thread, I had gotten the impression that these
changes would not make you or the other PyPy devs happy, so I wasn't going
to submit them upstream. As I said in another place, just let me know what
it is that you want; among my goals is to *not bother you all.*

As for the "restricted style" - well, I don't want that either. My goal
would be to move 100% over to Py3 syntax. The restricted style is just a
stepping stone so that stuff wouldn't stop working during the switch.

I'll step out of this conversation, as I am not here to convince you and
the other PyPy devs to do Py3 or not do Py3. I'll just watch and go along
with whatever you all decide.

Thanks,
Van