[pypy-dev] buildbot summary by hg hash w/out revision number

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 23:10:41 CEST 2015

The build summaries, like the one here
http://buildbot.pypy.org/summary?category=linux-armhf
gather results together by revision so that all different types of tests
for a single revision line up in a single column of results.
ARM is built on one machine (cross-translated since the ARM machines do
not have 4GB memory) and tested on another.
Since the Mercurial build step is given an revision it does
hg pull -r <rev hash>
hg up -r <rev hash>
which seems to cause the revision number in the testing repo to get out
of sync with the revision number of the building repo,
which in turn prevents gathering results by rev_int:rev:hash from the
tests together with the builds.

In short, I committed a change to the buildbot summary creation script
(with tests) on the coalesce-by-hash branch that should fix it by only
coalescing test runs by hg hash.
The proof would be if the link above displayed results from all 7 armhf
build slaves[0][1] together in one column, without breaking navigation
around the site.

Could a buildbot admin please upgrade to the branch, restart the
buildbot, and click around the links on the page to see if I achieved
hashing Nirvana? If things go wrong, just revert to default and try to
let me know what I broke.

Matti

[0] Do we really need all these builds every night?
[1] Here are the builders, did I forget any?
build-pypy-c-jit-linux-armhf-raring
build-pypy-c-jit-linux-armhf-raspbian
build-pypy-c-linux-armhf-raspbian
jitbackendonly-own-linux-armhf