[pypy-dev] buildbot summary by hg hash w/out revision number

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 13:23:08 CEST 2015

On 20/08/15 13:07, Armin Rigo wrote:
> Hi Matti,
>
> It's likely
> because it has custom commits in it that it is out-of-sync.  If we
> freshly clone from bitbucket, we always get the same revisions in the
> same order, as far as I know.
>

> A bientôt,
>
> Armin.
For some reason the "hg pull" command is doing so with a revision hash,
as can be seen here
http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/pypy-c-app-level-linux-armhf-v7/builds/765/steps/hg/logs/stdio
(search for "hg --verbose pull")
In my sources for buildbot, I could not a reason why "pull" is followed
by --rev <revision>.
While buildbot claims it is running version 0.8.8 in the page footers,
maybe someone modified the Mercurial class used by cobra's buildbot
sources to add the --rev option to the build step?

In the meantime, I have a crontab set up to "hg pull" on the
cubieboard-bob buildbot, it seems to have improved the situation for armhf
http://buildbot.pypy.org/summary?category=linux-armhf

Now if we could only _fix_ the failures before 2.6.1 ...
Matti