[pypy-dev] [newb] fixing a nightly test case failure

Ronan Lamy ronan.lamy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 16:50:44 CEST 2015

Le 21/08/15 13:14, Vaibhav Sood a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to pypy and looking to start making some contributions to
> the project. I was looking at the buildbot test case failures (after
> referring to an earlier thread on this forum:
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/pypy-dev/2015-July/013751.html ) for
> the py3.3 branch and to start off picked a test failure to work on:
> http://buildbot.pypy.org/summary/longrepr?testname=AppTestFunction.%28%29.test_call_error_message&builder=own-linux-x86-64&build=3996&mod=interpreter.test.test_function
>
> I was looking for some guidance as to the steps to make a code change
> contribution. I checked the bug tracking list but didn’t find this test
> failure listed, would the typical steps be to create a issue in bug
> tracking system first, work on the change and then submit the patch for
> commit? My concern is I want to verify I can work on this failure and
> that I am not duplicating or doing unnecessary work

We don't typically open issues for the py3.3 branch since we know that
there is still a large of number of test failures to address. The
typical workflow would rather be to ask on IRC (#pypy on
irc.freenode.net) if anybody is working on this, do the work, and then
send a pull request against the py3.3 branch. Feel free to open an issue
beforehand though, if you think it's useful.

Cheers,
Ronan