[pypy-dev] Current status of GUI support in PyPy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Dec 17 10:00:02 EST 2015

Hi Oscar,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Oscar Benjamin
<oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe it's just missing the symlink from libtcl8.5.so ->
> libtcl8.5.so.0. I'm not sure why it would be setup like that.

Yes.  I mostly gave up understanding the differences in binary
distributions in Linux.  It just turns out that on the particular
distribution where this pypy was built, it's called "libtcl8.5.so".
Maybe it is indeed just a symlink to "libtcl8.5.so.0", and so if we
put "libtcl8.5.so.0" in the "_tklib_cffi.so" then everybody would be
happy.  However I have no clue how to do that in the .so without tons
of non-portable tricks.  gcc is invoked with "-ltcl", and figures out
at compilation time that it means "link with libtcl8.5.so".