[pypy-dev] PyPy improving generated machine code

Richard Plangger rich at pasra.at
Mon Feb 2 17:56:48 CET 2015

On 01/31/2015 03:40 PM, Armin Rigo wrote:
ce optimizations utilizing type information."

> This doesn't mean the performance of PyPy is perfectly optimal today.
> There are certainly things to do and try.  One of the major ones (in
> terms of work involved) would be to add a method-JIT-like approach
> with a quick-and-dirty initial JIT, able to give not-too-bad
> performance but without the large warm-up times of our current
> meta-tracing JIT.  More about this or others in a later e-mail, if
> you're interested.
>

> A bientôt,
>
> Armin.

Hi,

Sorry to bother again. I did not get any response yet. The problem is
that I need a better picture about a topic I could work on for my thesis
and I really would like to contribute to pypy. In this week I would like
to decide what I'm aiming for (otherwise things might get shifted).

It would be nice to have the information you mentioned earlier in your
email about the method-JIT-like approach and others!

Best,
Richard