[pypy-dev] fdopen(fd, 'w') whe fd is opened 'r'

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 17:18:02 CET 2015

I tested with win32 2.7.8
The issue addressed in 21191 was that posix.fdopen was not closing fd on
error. On windows there is no posix module so test_posix.py is skipped
entirely. While the skipped test was modified in issue 21191 to test
mode compatibility, posixmodule.c does not actually compare the input fd
mode (perhaps via a call to fstat(fd, stat)? ) to the requested mode,
rahter it only verifies that the requested mode itself is a valid mode
for a call to fdopen.
On windows posix.fdopen is exposed through os.fdopen, which AFAICT is
only minimally tested outside of test_posix.py.