[pypy-dev] Properties in RPython

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Jul 30 12:03:39 CEST 2015

Hi all,

There are two tests in rpython/annotator/test/test_annrpython.py that
show that the property support in RPython is fragile.  The tests
sometimes pass and sometimes fail.  These particular tests fail more
systematically when run on "pypy py.test", but not exclusively, as
shown by http://buildbot.pypy.org/summary/longrepr?testname=TestAnnotateTestCase.%28%29.test_property_union_2&builder=own-linux-x86-64&build=3952&mod=annotator.test.test_annrpython
.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to fix them, twice now.   Could
someone else look?  As far as I'm concerned they mean that property
support should not be used, and should be disabled from rpython.  I'm
sure that someone would be unhappy with that, though.  I think the
only reasonable conclusion is to disable support with a global
variable set to False, and if someone really wants it, he can manually
set the global variable to True...