[pypy-dev] For Donations, List How Much is Left (or Spent)?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Jun 5 09:35:42 CEST 2015

Hi Donald, hi everybody,

On 1 June 2015 at 22:00, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> So out of someone complaining about PyPy's lack of an up to date port of
> Python 3, it struck me that for someone just now looking into PyPy it looks
> like PyPy is sitting on almost 60k USD in order to port PyPy3 from 3.2 to 3.4.
> However the reality (via fijall) is that most of it, roughly 50k has already
> been spent going from nothing to 3.2.

Thanks for bringing this up.  I added to pypy.org the display of the
amount left in our account for each project.

Like the amount received, this number is updated from a source that
depends on a manual step somewhere.  This manual step is typically
done only a few times per month.  Don't be surprised if you donate and
it does not show up immediately!

Current situation:

    numpy: $52184 received, $15999 left
    py3k: $59578 received, $5045 left
    stm (2nd call): $29112 received, $22016 left

We also have two Summer of Code projects, one related to numpy
(performance via vectorization, not general compatibility) and one on
py3k (planning a first 3.3 version by midterm, but knowing that 3.4 is
the version most used, trying to push forward).  STM is progressing
too, but I am alone on consuming the funds and  recently I've been
"side-tracked" by CFFI 1.0 (coming back to STM now).