[pypy-dev] Heroku PyPy buildpack

Samuel Villamonte samo at meluria.com
Tue Jun 16 15:02:08 CEST 2015

>  I understand you don't control Heroku but if someone were to ensure that
PyPy 2.6 works reliably there.

There are already several people in the Heroku GitHub page that the moment
there's a new PyPy release, they create a pull request, see for yourself:

https://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-python/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=pypy

Heroku is by no means easy to install and use (at least in Ubuntu) just
because there is a tutorial, you need to be proficient in the command line,
yet people use it because it lets you try new stuff.

Have you tried a new dyno with a pypy runtime? Did it work out of the box?
Was it easy to setup? Maybe you could create an issue in their issue
tracker and ask to update their tutorial. Then you could move to ask the
same of other providers, e.g. Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, Google
App Engine, etc.

And honestly I think you just answered yourself here:

> Just like in my open-source projects people often make suggestions on
> features they want me to implement and I tell them I don't want to spend
> the time doing that.

When I lurk in the IRC channel I can almost imagine the core devs telling
jokes in assembler, and my plans to conquer the world are currently on hold
due to my daytime job, should I complain about that too?

An open source project is what you make of it, pull requests and/or bugs
are welcome here, if you think they're not, just subscribe to the cffi
issue tracker for starters, I think Armin is ensuring it's Turing complete
before the end of year or something.