[pypy-dev] GSoC 15 vectorizing traces

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Mar 3 19:27:07 CET 2015

Hi Richard,

In the past few years, we have found GSoC to be tricky to handle.  As
a result of this, we're likely to have a high bar for student
acceptance this year.  The main criteria will be whether you have
already contributed to PyPy in a significant way.  If you only come up
with a GSoC proposal, no matter how cool, it will likely be rejected.

The first step is to get involved with the community, which means showing
up on irc (#pypy on irc.freenode.net).  We can give you pointers to
possible ideas there, or you can find your own, or you can look at
http://bugs.pypy.org/.

This is what we say in general to people that want to contribute to
PyPy.  We can move on to discuss GSoC only after we have seen concrete
results from this first step.

Armin Rigo