[pypy-dev] culling non-functional build slaves

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:41:39 CET 2015

I propose we remove the non-functioning build slaves. I have been trying
to contact the owners, here is what I have so far:

http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/jit-benchmark-linux-x86-64-single-run
speed-python-64: offline since June

http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/own-indiana-x86-32
jcea-openindiana-32: no owner listed

http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/own-win-x86-64
snakepit64: offline since at least October

http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/pypy-c-jit-freebsd-8-x86-64
ananke: offline since at least Nov

http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/pypy-c-jit-freebsd-7-x86-64 headless:
The buildslave is connected but non-functional. I contacted the owner,
they cannot continue to run the buildslave at this time [0]

http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/pypy-c-jit-macosx-x86-64
xerxes: The buildslave is connected but non-functional. The owner cannot
diagnose the build failures, but is willing to work through the problems
if anyone versed in an old version of MacOS can help him. In the mean
time I have paused the slave as we have an alternative slave available

I suggest we remove speed-python-64, jcea-openindiana-32, snakepit64,
anake, and headless, and leave xerxes in "Paused" state. Any objections?
Matti

[0] here is what the headless buildslave owner replied, I encouraged him
to join us again in the future:
Hi Matti,
I still have the FreeBSD machine, but at some point the memory
requirements for a 64 bits build went over 4GB and the machine couldn’t
complete the builds in a reasonable time. Unfortunately, the machine is
getting old and I cannot add more memory to it. I remember trying the
use of the following environment variables to attempt reducing the build
time memory usage without success:
PYPY_GC_MAX_DELTA=200MB pypy --jit loop_longevity=300

I initially provided this buildslave as I had some time to fix PyPy on
FreeBSD a few years ago for my master degree, I haven’t had the chance
to work with Python for a long time.

Regards,
Gabriel