[pypy-dev] PyXxx_Malloc() in cpyext

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat May 9 10:42:12 CEST 2015

Hi all (mostly Amaury :-),

Some C extension modules don't compile with cpyext because it is
missing some of the functions like PyObject_Malloc (it has got
PyMem_Malloc).

I'm thinking about adding them but also simplifying the indirections
and having all PyObject_Malloc(), PyMem_Malloc(), etc. just directly
call malloc(), i.e. never using pypy's own obmalloc implementation.
Would there be any problem with that?

(We should really at some point measure if using this obmalloc
implementation for the rest of PyPy makes any sense at all.  My guess
is no...)