[pypy-dev] operror-value: ('Unknown character', ('c callback', 1, 1, '\x08\n', 0))

Yicong Huang hengha.mao at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:48:09 CEST 2015

Hi,

I followed the document (
http://pypy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/embedding.html), to call python
function from C code.
The program I wrote is simple: it read python code from a local file to
char*, and pass char* to pypy_execute_source().

However, I met these errors when executing the program:
debug: OperationError:
debug:  operror-type: SyntaxError
debug:  operror-value: ('Unknown character', ('c callback', 1, 1, '\x08\n',
0))
Error calling pypy_execute_source!

I print out char* that read from the local python file. It looks right.
And the python file had no problmes to exeute with 'pypy-c'.
I have no thoughts of where the error character  '\x08' come from.

Could anyone please help?
Thanks!