[pypy-dev] [Fwd: Re: Building pypy from sources: partial build support ?]

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:35:16 CEST 2015

On 15/10/15 20:18, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> [...]
David your translation (conversion of rpython to pypy-c) succeeded.
What failed is a hack to build the cffi import libraries needed for some
standard python stdlib support libraries. You can just ignore these and
move on to testing your translated pypy.
If you actually *need* those stdlib modules, you can rerun the python
import scripts at any time as
pypy-c lib_pypy/_*_build.py
where the * is any of sqlite3, audioop, curses, gdbm, pwdgrp, or syslog.
The script in pypy/tool/release/package.py will build or rebuild these
import libraries and package everything up into a nice tarball, you can
see its documentation via --help

Matti