[pypy-dev] compilation problem while testing libffi

Petr Hanousek petr.hanousek at cesnet.cz
Sat Apr 9 17:18:16 EDT 2016

So I found the problem and now everything seems to compile OK. I haven't
properly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to my installed libffi. It took me some
time to find where is a problem. And it would be very useful to have
better clue than just:
raise Exception("run_example_code failed!\nlocals = %r" % (locals(),))
[translation:ERROR] Exception: run_example_code failed!

If there was written the output from the test:
/tmp/usession-release-5.0.1-2/platcheck_28: error while loading shared
libraries: libffi.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
, everything will be much more clear.

Petr

   Petr Hanousek                   e-mail: petr.hanousek at cesnet.cz
   User Support                    phone:  +420 950 072 112
   CESNET z.s.p.o.                 mobile: +420 606 665 139
   location: Zikova 4, Praha       room: 90a
                        Czech Republic