[pypy-dev] how do you parse jit log containing binary dump ?

Richard Plangger planrichi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 04:19:02 EST 2016

Hi,

the jit log currently is only functional with the vmprof platform.
There was this idea of a command line tool to inspect, but it is not yet
finished.

Unsure if the test generated file can be uploaded, but you can try:

$ pip install vmprof
$ python -m jitlog --upload <your-file-file-name>

The output of the last program will upload the logfile to vmprof.com and
you can inspect it by clicking on the link it prints at the end.

Try the following to get a log out of pypy for your program:

(pypy-env) $ pip install vmprof
(pypy-env) $ pypy -m vmprof --jitlog yourpythonprogram.py

Cheers,
Richard