[pypy-dev] how do you parse jit log containing binary dump ?

Richard Plangger planrichi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:18:04 EST 2016

Hi,

you previously wrote:

> I'm building a tool which attempts to map Jit ByteCodes back to the
actual function which was called at the Python level.

jitlog does already do that. If you call your program this way:

(env) $ pip install vmprof
(env) $ pypy -m jitlog --web yourbenchmark.py

you can browse through functions that generated jitcodes, look at the
python bytecode and even assembly.

So there is no need to reinvent the wheel. If you are not happy with
some of the displayed information, I'm happy to review and accept
contributions (or even new features).

Cheers,
Richard