[pypy-dev] 3.6?

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 04:54:57 EST 2016

Hi Philip,

Can we get a discussion with respect to Python 3.6?  I see that you
created a "py3.6" branch.  However, the people funded by Mozilla (like
me) are more interested in finishing a good 3.5.x version first.  (I
suppose it's up to discussion if we decide to go for 3.6 immediately,
but I guess the answer is no.)

That means we'll keep releasing 3.5 versions and won't look into 3.6
before next summer.  It's unclear to me that it's worthwhile to start
a parallel py3.6 branch right now, as it'll just be merging hell for
the next 6 months.  Well, I suppose it's your hell, so I can't
complain on my own :-)

Just to say, maybe your time would be better spent helping us with
3.5, instead of maintaining py3.6 when py3.5 is still fast-moving.