[pypy-dev] Looking for clues to consistent Seg Fault in PyPy 2.6.1

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Feb 17 06:07:56 EST 2016

Hi Stefan,

On 8 November 2015 at 09:40, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
>> I tried to simply disable the special casing in proxy.pxi, but it only
>> leads to more crashes:
>
> Yes, it is expected.  The special-casing was introduced because PyPy
> doesn't guarantee the identity of "PyObject *" when you don't own a
> refcount.  It's what I'm trying to fix in the branch cpyext-gc-support
> but it's not done yet.  It's why I said I don't know how to tweak lxml
> to make it work on current versions of PyPy.

The PyPy branch "cpyext-gc-support-2" should work (it isn't much
tested so far).  We should try
to run https://github.com/lxml/lxml/tree/pypy4 in it.  I'm writing
this mail now because I'm hitting a chain of semi-related problems and
I need a break, but would welcome other people trying in my stead :-)