[pypy-dev] s390x the last failing tests

Richard Plangger planrichi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:12:30 EST 2016

hi,

I wanted to give a quick update on the state of the implementation. Good
news! I think there is not that much left to be done!

I'm currently waiting for a bigger VM (already wrote an email to
linux1 at us.ibm.com, 2 days ago? They are maybe on holiday?) to translate
the full project.

There are approx. 20 Failing tests that are left (own-linux-s390x). All
other pass on my virtual machine. They are mostly related to big endian
issues. Here are some questions:

1) Generally I got the impression that there are some tests that do not
consider endianess (e.g. micronumpy). I guess it is time to change them
to handle this? What about PPC? Did those not come up there?

2) It seems that the gcc on the build bot is quite old? It can for
instance not assemble the instruction LAY (load address), but the VM I
got (gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-4)) is able to. As soon
as I can get my hands on a Debian machine that is configured similarly I
can say more (end of Jan?).

Cheers,
Richard