[pypy-dev] s390x the last failing tests

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Jan 19 10:54:00 EST 2016

Hi Richard,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Richard Plangger <planrichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of the failing tests (on the buildbot only) are very severe, and it
> is hard to find out the cause if they do not fail on the development
> machine...

Note: at this point where a JIT backend is "mostly done", subtle bugs
left in the JIT backend generate hard crashes that show up very
rarely.  I recommend that you use test_zll_stress_*.py in
jit/backend/test/ --- and not just once.  For example, leave them
running repeatedly for 12 or 24 hours and be happy only if they pass
successfully every time.  These tests are good at figuring out such
rare cases.