[pypy-dev] pickle numpy array from pypy to cpython?

Eli Stevens (Gmail) wickedgrey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 12:43:08 EDT 2016

FWVLIW, I think that conforming to upstream numpy makes the most sense.

I think that the issue would go away if the `_numpypy` module were
renamed to `numpy` (and appropriate things moved into `numpy.core`).
Is there a technical reason to keep the actual implementation in a
separately named module?

Thinking larger picture, would it be possible and sensible to switch
to using the slow cpyext numpy approach for compatability, then
overlay custom implementation of things on top of that when speed is
needed?  I'm imagining a vague inverse of the cpython approach, where
modules are implemented in C when the python performance isn't
acceptable.

Eli