[pypy-dev] NumPyPy vs NumPy

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed Jul 27 03:32:53 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016, Papa, Florin wrote:

> I have been working with NumPyPy to evaluate its performance and it
> seems significantly slower compared to CPython NumPy or even PyPy NumPy
> (installed with pip).

After having a brief look at the your table, I'm very confused by this
assessment:

To me, it seems that PyPy NumPyPy is equal or significantly faster than
CPython NumPy on most benchmarks, but substantially slower on just a few
of them.

PyPy NumPy is slower than CPython NumPy on all benchmarks, with some being
not that bad, and some pretty bad, but this is absolutely to be expected,
and in fact nevertheless very impressive, considering that it runs via
CPyExt...

Am I completely misinterpreting your numbers?!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev