[pypy-dev] v5.3.0 numpy support (specifically numpy/core/src/multiarray/multiarray.c.src)

Eli Stevens (Gmail) wickedgrey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:39:26 EDT 2016

I asked about the following about a month ago:

ERROR: Failure: ImportError (No module named numpy.core.multiarray_tests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/elis/venv/ppdb/site-packages/nose/loader.py", line 418,
in loadTestsFromName
    addr.filename, addr.module)
  File "/home/elis/venv/ppdb/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 47,
in importFromPath
    return self.importFromDir(dir_path, fqname)
  File "/home/elis/venv/ppdb/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 94,
in importFromDir
    mod = load_module(part_fqname, fh, filename, desc)
  File "/home/elis/venv/ppdb/site-packages/numpy/core/tests/test_multiarray.py",
line 22, in <module>
    from numpy.core.multiarray_tests import (
ImportError: No module named numpy.core.multiarray_tests

And was told by Matti:

> multiarray_tests comes from numpy/core/src/multiarray/multiarray.c.src which is compiled to a C-API module.
> We skip building it as we have quite a way to go before we can support that level of C-API compatibility.

Is there any change in behavior expected with the new release
regarding these kinds of errors?

Thanks,
Eli