[pypy-dev] pickle numpy array from pypy to cpython?

William ML Leslie william.leslie.ttg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 22:54:29 EDT 2016

On 24 June 2016 at 12:14, Eli Stevens (Gmail) <wickedgrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to construct some data that includes numpy arrays in pypy,
> pickle it, then unpickle it in cpython (to use some
> non-pypy-compatible libs).
>
> However, the actual class of the pickled array is _numpypy.multiarray,
> which cpython doesn't have.
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you considered the tofile method and fromfile function?

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.ndarray.tofile.html#numpy.ndarray.tofile

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.fromfile.html#numpy.fromfile

--
William Leslie

Notice:
Likely much of this email is, by the nature of copyright, covered
under copyright law.  You absolutely MAY reproduce any part of it in
accordance with the copyright law of the nation you are reading this
in.  Any attempt to DENY YOU THOSE RIGHTS would be illegal without
prior contractual agreement.