[pypy-dev] Release 5.0.0

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sun Mar 6 05:04:10 EST 2016

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Mar 2016, Matti Picus wrote:
>
> So did you figure out the mysterious memory consumption issues that we have
> experienced while trying to upgrade the Windows builder to a more recent
> version of PyPy? Do you think it would make sense to retry the upgrade after
> PyPy 5.0.0 is out?

So, it looks like with PyPy 5.0.0 the problem is exactly the same as with
the previous version. The translation goes through (and possibily faster /
uses less memory, I didn't check), but the compilation bails out with a
`MemoryError` at `buffer.append(fh.read())`:

http://buildbot.pypy.org/builders/pypy-c-jit-win-x86-32/builds/2266/steps/translate/logs/stdio

That's definitively not my fault, I've done my `editbin
/largeaddressaware` dance and confirmed its effects with `dumpbin
/headers`.

In the mean time, I rolled back to PyPy 2.5.1 on the build slave. Oh wait,
I meant to say build follower. Sorry about this.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev